A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, top-up the balance on your 'get me there' smartcard, or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We may use both 'session' cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and 'persistent' cookies (which remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time) to help us better understand how our site is used.
- the IP address from which you access our site
- the type of browser and operating system you use to access our site
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you visit
- the addresses of pages from where you followed a link to our site
We do not correlate any information in the cookies information with data about individual users. We do not share the cookie information with any third party for advertising purposes.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Session Tokens|| JSessionId |
|These strictly necessary cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our website. Once you have signed in they securely identify you so that you do not need to keep entering your user name and password.|
|Cookie Preference||COOKIE_SUPPORT|| |
This functionality cookie is used to remember your choice about cookies on our website. This cookie is, by default, set on arrival to the site with a value of 'True'. If you choose to delete non-essential cookies, the cookie value is updated to a value of 'False'.
The cookie is set to expire after one year.
|Language Preference||GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID||This functionality cookie is used to remember your choice of language. At the moment only English is available. The cookie is set to expire after one year.|
|Google Analytics|| _utma |
These analytical cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Usually _utma expires after 2 years, _utmb expires after half an hour, _utmz expires after six months and _utmc expires after you have signed off.
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google Opens in new window|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you would like your web browser to automatically block them, select which browser you use from the list below for instructions.